Junior Java Developer – Apprentice
Primary Location – Greater Manchester
Job Type – Permanent
Are you interested in developing a career in a fast-moving development environment?
Are you a keen self-starter who has enthusiasm for programming?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our organisation. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated apprentice who is interested in gaining a degree qualification while receiving on the job training, to enter our 2017 Technology Apprenticeship Programme.
The Freedom Group are an established and reputable financial broker. We work with some of the most prestigious and growing financial institutions globally and as a leading UK broker we have won numerous awards including Best Use of Technology in Secured Lending, Broker Service Excellence and Best Secured Loans Broker of the Year.
We are now looking to recruit an Apprentice Junior Java Developer!
- Someone who is motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving results and high standards
- Ability to manage a varied work load
- A genuine interest in a career in a technology environment as a Java developer
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Fully committed to a four year degree programme
As well as gaining a full honours degree in Digital & Technology Solutions from Manchester Metropolitan University you will gain vast on the job knowledge within the financial industry from your colleagues at Freedom Finance.
Over 4 years you’ll benefit from personal development and training tailored to your individual job role. You will be given the opportunity to shadow our highly experienced staff within various departments throughout our business.
Year 1 will be a foundation year to develop an excellent understanding of the various functions within Freedom Finance. This could include IT, Project Management, Marketing, Finance.
The final 3 years will focus on becoming an experienced Java Developer. You’ll work in one of our Agile teams maintaining existing systems and building new systems using Java code.
Your role will include:
- Building APIs
- Unit testing
- Using support tools such as Jira & Kanban
- Working with business users, analysts and testers to understand requirements
- Working with web developers to link back-end systems with front-end web pages
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary of £15,000 per annum
- Higher Education opportunity fully funded by Freedom Finance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including technology and cycle to work
- Discounts on shopping, gym membership etc
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Healthcare Cash Plan (provided by the company)
- 30 days inclusive of bank holidays (rising with length of service)
- Free Life Assurance from day one
- Zest – Events club run by staff for the staff
40 per week (including a weekly day release to Manchester Metropolitan University)
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Rebecca.email@example.com