Underwriting Team Manager
Are you experienced in providing excellent customer service and building relationships with your clients? Are you driven for a new challenge? If so, we are now recruiting for an Underwriting Team Manager are looking for individuals just like you!
The Freedom Group are a highly established and reputable financial broker. We work with some of the most prestigious and growing financial institutions globally and as a leading UK broker we have won numerous awards including Best Use of Technology in Secured Lending, Broker Service Excellence and Best Secured Loans Broker of the Year.
Established in 2007, Freedom Finance offer solutions in a range of markets and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans. We believe that our people are our most important asset and are key to the businesses success. Due to continued success and business growth, we are now looking to add an Underwriting Team Manager to join our rapidly expanding team in Manchester, offering great benefits & incentives. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy department within a growing organisation.
Underwriting Team Manager Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide support for Freedom Finance to fulfil its contractual obligations with Honeycomb finance in the Underwriting Agreement, while developing an unsecured operational underwriting team capability. You’ll be managing the customer journey, applicant contact, assessment and underwriting of consumer loans to Honeycomb and Company policies in a timely, efficient and consistent fashion. You will also be responsible for:
- Representing and internally promoting the Honeycomb brand in a professional and confidential manner
- Liaising with Honeycomb representatives and agents as required to ensure a transparent and efficient relationship is maintained
- Recruiting, coaching, training and developing team members to deliver a first-class customer experience and deliver outstanding KPI results
- Performance manage team members to ensure that appropriate action is taken and reported on, in cases where specified standards are not met
- Attendance and timekeeping to be in line with the required Company standards.
- Participating in reporting and discussion in meetings
- Developing and delivering SMART objectives; both individual, team and business plan related
- Designing and implementing regular and appropriate reporting and monitoring to ensure all the underwriting and team activities are understood by all stakeholders
- Driving, coaching and inspiring your team to deliver a first-class customer experience
- Driving departmental and Honeycomb improvements and efficiencies through innovation and change
- Maximising performance through applied effective management techniques; recording, analysing and acting upon performance data
- Being an inspirational leader, maintaining an appropriate level of motivation within your team and contribute to the support and motivation across the department
- Conducting appraisals and reviews with team members and devise personal action plans and training schedules
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement, acting upon Honeycomb, customer and co-worker feedback and responding to legislative and market changes
- Underwriting referred deals to Honeycomb and Company policies in a timely, efficient and consistent fashion
- Maintaining an appropriate level of technical expertise and product/process and underwriting knowledge and actively participate when necessary
- Attending training sessions when required to guide with performance of your role
The ideal Underwriting Team Manager:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to have a finance / underwriting background and proven experience of working in an outsourced business processing role before. We are looking for a candidate with fantastic experience in relationship building alongside excellent communication and organisational skills.
Monday to Friday 8.00am-9.00pm and Saturday 8.00am-6pm (40 hours). Although we currently do not open the Sales Centre on Sundays, you may be required to work them as part of your contractual hours.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare scheme
- Simply Health scheme
- Preferential private healthcare
- Long Service Award
- A generous 22 days’ holiday
- Free Life Assurance from day one
- Eye Tests and Discount on Glasses for VDU Users
- Zest – Events club run by staff for the staff
- Training and Development
- Encouraged career progression within company.
We also We boast a recently refurbished working environment with on-site facilities including Nintendo Wii’s, Samsung Tablets, Break-out areas, Pool Table and much more.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Underwriting Team Manager then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!